ABOUT ASSOCIATE DR PETER KO:
Peter was born and raised in South Korea. He obtained his bachelor of medicine in 2007 and he undertook his fellowship in interventional endoscopy at Daejeon St. Mary’s Hospital, Catholic University of Korea.
Peter has been practicing as a consultant gastroenterologist since 2014.
During his journey of career, he had a big change moving to New Zealand and worked at the Waikato hospital as a consultant gastroenterologist from 2018 to 2021.
Peter now has moved to Brisbane in May 2021 and is currently working as a consultant gastroenterologist at the Prince Charles Hospital.
Peter’s major interest is interventional endoscopy. He has been successfully performing many complicated procedures such as ERCP, EMR and ESD which requires a lot of knowledge, experience and skills to treat hepatobiliary diseases, large polyps or early cancers in the stomach, small & large bowels.
Peter has been providing outstanding results making valuable contribution to the community health and he is very happy to join the Colonoscopy Clinic team to provide his experience to the community in Brisbane.
- Bachelor of Medicine, South Korea (2007)
- Specialist in Internal Medicine, Ministry of Health and Welfare, Korea (2012)
- Specialist in Gastroenterology and Endoscopy, South Korea (2014)
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians, New Zealand (2019)
Areas of specialisation
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy
- ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
- ESD (Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection)
- EMR (Endoscopic Mucosal Resection)
- Endoscopic Bariatric Procedures (Intragastric Balloon, Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty)
Request an Appointment
Your rapid path to diagnosis
With us, you’ll always receive excellence in specialist healthcare. In addition, our wait times are less than one week, we offer a choice of locations, and as a bulk-billing practice, we’ll help you to save on out-of-pocket expenses, and in some cases have no out-of-pocket expenses.